14257Freeman Library event August 23

  • M Dyson
    Jul 19, 2014

      I just sent in a note about the Clear Lake Freeman Library 50th anniversary event to our newsletter, but realized that I don’t know who the other SCBWI members are that are participating. I got a draft program from the librarian, Milagros Tanega, that included some local authors I know that write for adults (Cindy Price and Linda King). Jenny Moss was on the list, but I’m not sure she is still in SCBWI?

      Anyway, I offered to represent our chapter in the panel discussion about writers’ groups because no one was listed for children’s writing.

      There is no honorarium being offered for this event, but they will do book sales. The authors have to donate 10 percent of proceeds to the library. The event is all day Saturday August 23, with the events going from 10 to 3.

      If you’re interested in participating, I suggest you contact Milagros at mtanega@... or call her at 281-488-1906, x 132. She is the Reference Librarian.

      Then maybe we can combine our announcement for the newsletter to include all who are participating, and also help promote attendance!

      Marianne Dyson

      Author, Former NASA Flight Controller

      Twitter/Facebook: MarianneDyson

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic