13433Re: [scbwi-houston] Writing income

  • Wayne Edwards
    Feb 16, 2014
      I put all of my work on the internet, free for the asking. My reward is laughter. There is no greater rush than having an audience of 600 5th graders howling in laughter. or a group of adults giving you a standing ovation. The letters that my web sight generates from all over the world and the likes that I get from facebook.com/thefamilypoet are better than pay checks. I post a poem and illustration every day that get sent from one Facebook account to another. I'm too old to get published anyway. JoAn Martin and I had a blast in Lake Charles. The audience of writers and illustrators was small but enthusiastic.
      Wayne

      On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Deborah Frontiera <dfrontiera@...> wrote:

      Don't we all, but sometimes we do have to be realistic that the checks aren't always very big, so we better have another way to pay the bills. Hence, Don't quit your day job.
      Debbie

      On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 3:45 PM, <marydwade@...> wrote:

      True confession time -- Intangible rewards are great, but...I like those checks coming in!

      Marydw

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic