      Debbie,
      I guess that it is the 100 full color, illustrations that accompany each poem, that have me buffaloed. My four computer savvy kids and their kids will be here for Thanksgiving. I will show them your note and maybe they can get me started. Thanks for your heads-up on Xlibris.
      Wayne

      On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM, Dotti Enderle <enderle4@...> wrote:

      Wayne, it’s a little time consuming, but easy to format an ebook yourself with Microsoft Word. I do my own.

      Dotti

      LOST GIRL – an Oracles novelette (w/a Dax Varley)
      http://www.daxvarley.com

      From: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scbwi-houston@yaho ogroups.com] On Behalf Of Wayne Edwards
      Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2013 11:56 PM
      To: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [scbwi-houston] Re: Xlibris

      Debbie,

      I have published 16 books using Lightning Source and I am very happy with them. I was interested in Xlibris only as a source of getting my manuscripts on eBook and Kendal. When they so quickly reduced there $450 price down to $350 and then $250, I smelled a Rat. I specified, no hard copy, digital only. Who would you or any of the members recommend for digitizing my manuscript for Kendal? I am putting a 100 page book together of grownup poems for that purpose, using my poetry and illustrations that are on facebook.com/thefamilypoet. The illustrations make it difficult.

      Wayne

      On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Deborah Frontiera <dfrontiera@...> wrote:

      No, X=Libris is NOT a good deal. You pay them a bunch of money and then they charge you 60% of retail to buy your own books for resale. They, like many other such companies, are the modern vanity presses. No major book stores will order your books (because they are "not returnable") and even if an independent books store agrees to take them on consignment, you will make nothing because the book store will only pay you 60%.

      If you are going to pay to publish, be completely inde pendent! Don't have your book owned by some vanity press, no matter what they promise.

      Debbie Frontiera

      No virus found in this message.