      From: Lynne Kelly <lynne01@...>
      To: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 2:15 PM
      Subject: Re: [scbwi-houston] Re: A star among us

      Thanks again, everyone! I'll be thinking about a proposal to send in about presenting at a national conference, though I'll have some stiff competition and will need to figure out what in the world I'd say in a keynote speech.

      I know this much-- the book couldn't have happened without my SCBWI people!

      Lynne

      On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:05 PM, sharonvgriffin@... <sharonvgriffin@...> wrote:

      Congrats Lynne! What an honor!

      --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Vicki Sansum <vsansum@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > Below is an email I received last night from the national SCBWI office
      > with some fabulous news about our own Lynne Kelly. Her book CHAINED won
      > our region's Crystal Kite Award. Congratulations, Lynne!
      > Vicki
      >
      > Dear Lynne,
      >
      > Congratulations! Your book CHAINED has been awarded the Crystal Kite
      > from your SCBWI region. As you know, members voted for the book they
      > felt represented excellence in children's literature, and you came out
      > on top. We here at SCBWI headquarters are thrilled for you, as are all
      > your friends and associates in the SCBWI.
      >
      > There is a press release announcing the fifteen Crystal Kite winners
      > going out tomorrow to all the major children's literature news and
      > social networking sources. You may also be contacted by Lee Wind who is
      > the SCBWI blogger for an interview for our website. Crystal Kite Awards
      > are formally presented at a regional conference close to you, which in
      > your case, probably means the Houston conference. Your regional
      > advisor, Vicki Sansum, is being copied on this, so you can make
      > arrangements to receive your award, which by the way, is a beautiful
      > engraved Crystal Kite! Most regional advisors ask the recipient to
      > deliver a presentation and/or short acceptance speech.
      >
      > One of the Crystal Kite winners will be selected to present a keynote
      > speech either at the SCBWI Mid Winter Conference in New York 2014 or at
      > the Summer Conference in Los Angeles, 2014. If you would like to be in
      > the running for that, you must submit a proposal for your speech---no
      > more than one page---to me, linoliver@... by November 1. If you
      > are selected, you will of course come to the conference at our expense
      > where you will be hailed by all.
      >
      > Again, our heartiest congratulations on this wonderful achievement. As
      > of tomorrow, feel free to tell the world about your Crystal Kite
      > achievement, using all media at your disposal. We're so happy for
      > you---the SBWI is proud to honor such excellence.
      >
      > All best,
      >
      > LIN OLIVER, /Executive Director and /STEPHEN MOOSER/, President/
      >
      > /Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators/

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic