11835Re: [scbwi-houston] Rhyming Poetry Translation

  • Erin
    Apr 1, 2013
      Hi Wayne,
      I may be interested. Shall I reach out directly to the contact on your forwarded mail?

      Thanks,
      Erin Frankel
      Www.theweirdseries.com

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 1, 2013, at 2:30 AM, Wayne Edwards <wayne@...> wrote:

      Is anyone interested?

      Kateryna Natidze <rights.ranok@...>
      4:24 PM (3 hours ago)

      to wayne

      Dear Wayne,

      Hope this mail finds you well!

      At first let me introduce ourselves. My name is Kateryna and I'm representing Ranok Publishing House from Ukraine. Our Publishing House specializes primarily in children’s and educational literature.

      I've alighted upon a collection of your poetry in the web and I'd like to ask may be it will be interesting for you to take part in our project (or may be you could recommend somebody). Just in two words about the project: we are looking for native-English speaking poet who will be able to rewrite our poetry in English (we will translate rhymes from Russian/Ukrainian into English and will provide with a blank verse.  After that we need a poet who is able to make from blank verse easy-reading rhymed poem). We would like to start translation from  rhymes for 3-5 years children.

      If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me!

      Look forward to your reply.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic