10586Re: FB or blog or both?

  • arlene.graziano@sbcglobal.net
    Jun 2, 2012
      Cherie,

      Congratulations on your book!

      In my opinion, Twitter is really good for making announcements. I like to get a nice tweet when something new is on someone's Facebook page or on their blog.

      I have have started relying more on info that comes to me, rather than going out to so many different blogs and Facebook just annoys me because you have to work so hard to pick out the chunks of info from the format.

      Not to sound like a Twitter salesperson, but I get a lot of interesting links to blogs from people who re-tweet. It seems like an easy way to reach a larger audience, that is, if you are tweeting to people that have a large group of followers. (I personally follow few, tweet little,)

      I also pay more attention to blogs that have an RSS feed, because I can just subscribe to the feed, then scan it on my browser to see if there is anything I want to read.

      I don't think you can avoid doing both Facebook and blog- but wait there's more.... I just Googled my husband who has published some technical books, to see what he is using for marketing these days- He has web presence on LinkedIn, YouTube, two personal websites, 3 organizations, SlideShare, Amazon, Goodreads and Twitter. I'm sure there are other things, but I didn't go past the first page of results.

      Arlene
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic