going to mahogany hammock

  • stramp76
    Message 1 of 6 , May 7, 2011
      going to mahogany hammock tonight
    • cmperillo@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 6 , May 7, 2011
        Hey Steve,
        How about a report for those of us who cant make it?
        Charlie {stuck at work}
        Sent from my LG phone

        stramp76 <stramp76@...> wrote:

        >going to mahogany hammock tonight

      • Steve
        Message 3 of 6 , May 7, 2011
          Will do, weather isn't looking good

          Message 4 of 6 , May 7, 2011
            Thanks, I hope the weather cooperates.
            Sent from my LG phone

            Steve <stramp76@...> wrote:

            >Will do, weather isn't looking good
            >
            >On May 7, 2011, at 4:29 PM, "cmperillo@..." <cmperillo@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Hey Steve,
            >> How about a report for those of us who cant make it?
            >> Charlie {stuck at work}
            >> Sent from my LG phone
            >>
            >> stramp76 <stramp76@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> >going to mahogany hammock tonight

          • Lew Gramer
            Message 5 of 6 , May 9, 2011
              Friday was the peak of the Eta Aquarid meteor shower. The radiant rises after
              2am, so my nephews and I got out to the empty parking lot at Mahogany Hammock
              after 1am to set up. The seeing was steady, temperatures cool, bugs minimal -
              a beautiful night! There had been cirrus over Homestead that evening, so I
              expected soft transparency when we got out there - but instead, the sky was as
              clear as I could hope for. But the Etas were surprisingly quiet, and the two
              nephews had plans the next day, so we broke down and left by 4:30am.

              In 1.95 hours (effective), Limiting Magnitude 6.8, I logged 14 Eta Aquarids,
              17 sporadics, 4 Eta Lyrids. Average magnitudes: ETA=2.6, Spor=3.6, ELY=2.3.

              I had also planned to go out Saturday night (7 May). But unfortunately, a bank
              of low cloud cover persisted over Homestead (and according to the sat pix,
              over MH) until my last check after 1am, so I gave up on the idea.

              Clear skies all,
              Lew Gramer

              On 5/7/2011 6:27 PM, cmperillo@... wrote:
              > Thanks, I hope the weather cooperates.
              > Sent from my LG phone
              >
              > Steve <stramp76@...> wrote:
              >
              >> Will do, weather isn't looking good
              >>
              >> On May 7, 2011, at 4:29 PM, "cmperillo@..." <cmperillo@...> wrote:
              >>
              >>> Hey Steve,
              >>> How about a report for those of us who cant make it?
              >>> Charlie {stuck at work}
              >>> Sent from my LG phone

              This electronic transmission contains information that may be internal use
              only, confidential, or proprietary. If you are not the intended recipient, be
              aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents hereof
              is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
              please notify lew.gramer@.... Please note this email represents the views
              of the sender only, and does not necessarily represent the views of NOAA or
              the University of Miami.
            • CHARLES M PERILLO
              Message 6 of 6 , May 9, 2011
                Thanks for the report Lew!