Re: Midway campground....several possible days

  • srschoolfield
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 28, 2008
      --- In scasmail@yahoogroups.com, Tim Khan <timkhan@...> wrote:

      > LOL! We better make one ;)

      wildlife officer pull the deceased bear out of the canal and up the bank
      and wondering how many alligators were disappointed that was happening.
      > We never did give Mike his Ursa Major bumper sticker.?
      > Pat

      Those days of the beer dringing people are over since they are not
      allowed to use ORVs at the campsites anymore. The two main ORV trails
      were from Burns and Monument. Therefoer, they have been forced to Monroe
      station and south on to loop road. We will?not have any trouble there.
      BTW: the bear incident was like in april-may, I was the vehicle in front
      of Mike, and he could only reach my cell out there.

      > Tim

      but many years ago we went out(this was the night Mike Smith hit the
      bear!) but it was the July 4th weekend and the campsite was jammed with
      every redneck? in south florida.? Thats what drove us to find some
      alternate site and end up with the bear. Theyre must have been 30-40
      atv's driving around making a major dust storm, and over 150
      beerdrinking bbq ing "all americans" out there that weekend. . So keep
      that in mind.

      > FYI Group:Planning to go out to Midway Camp Ground on the following
      dates:Saturday June, 27July 3, 4 and/or 5 depending on what the weather
      does.

      > Introducing Live Search cashback .? It's search that pays you back!

      http://search.live.com/cashback/?&pkw=form=MIJAAF/publ=HMTGL/crea=intros\
      rchcashback

    • Sanford Schoolfield
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 4, 2008
        The Clear Sky Clock (Kirby) for Midway looks bad tonight, but the Sky Clock down towards Mahogany (Heaven Sent) looks MUCH better - anyone interested?

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 5, 2008
          we are going to try midway tonight, (Saturday night), clear sky looks like there is a good chance. Nick, Manny and Tim are going too.
          --
          Steve Van Ryn
          24080 sw 157 av

          -------------- Original message from Sanford Schoolfield <srschoolfield@...>: --------------

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 5, 2008
            What clear sky are you guys watching ? The Miami Clear Sky chart looks horrible !!

            Jorge

            To: scasmail@yahoogroups.comFrom: stramp76@...: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 20:33:00 +0000Subject: Re: [scasmail] Midway campground....several possible days

            we are going to try midway tonight, (Saturday night), clear sky looks like there is a good chance. Nick, Manny and Tim are going too.--Steve Van Ryn 24080 sw 157 av Homestead FL 33031 305 338 5412 stramp76@...-------------- Original message from Sanford Schoolfield <srschoolfield@...>: -------------- The Clear Sky Clock (Kirby) for Midway looks bad tonight, but the Sky Clock down towards Mahogany (Heaven Sent) looks MUCH better - anyone interested?----- Original Message ----From: Tim Khan <timkhan@...>To: scasmail@yahoogroups.comSent: Saturday, June 28, 2008 1:30:45 PMSubject: Re: [scasmail] Midway campground....several possible daysLOL! We better make one ;)----- Original Message ----From: "Saunderserineliz@ aol.com" <Saunderserineliz@ aol.com>To: scasmail@yahoogroup s.comSent: Saturday, June 28, 2008 8:32:06 AMSubject: Re: [scasmail] Midway campground.. ..several possible daysI remember the bear incident well.? I vividly remember helping the wildlife officer pull the deceased bear out of the canal and up the bank and wondering how many alligators were disappointed that was happening.We never did give Mike his Ursa Major bumper sticker.? Pat-----Original Message-----From: Tim Khan <timkhan@yahoo. com>To: scasmail@yahoogroup s.comSent: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 8:12 amSubject: Re: [scasmail] Midway campground.. ...several possible daysMonument is closed from May to november. The only open site is midway. Those days of the beer dringing people are over since they are not allowed to use ORVs at the campsites anymore. The two main ORV trails were from Burns and Monument. Therefoer, they have been forced to Monroe station and south on to loop road. We will?not have any trouble there. BTW: the bear incident was like in april-may, I was the vehicle in front of Mike, and he could only reach my cell out there.Tim----- Original Message ----From: chad cantrell <chad_cantrell@ hotmail.com>To: scasmail@yahoogroup s.comSent: Friday, June 27, 2008 8:45:43 PMSubject: RE: [scasmail] Midway campground.. ..several possible daysI dont know what all midway has to offer vs monument for the atv'ers, but many years ago we went out(this was the night Mike Smith hit the bear!) but it was the July 4th weekend and the campsite was jammed with every redneck? in south florida.? Thats what drove us to find some alternate site and end up with the bear. Theyre must have been 30-40 atv's driving around making a major dust storm, and over 150 beerdrinking bbq ing "all americans" out there that weekend. . So keep that in mind. FYI Group:Planning to go out to Midway Camp Ground on the following dates:Saturday June, 27July 3, 4 and/or 5 depending on what the weather does. ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Introducing Live Search cashback .? It's search that pays you back!http://search. live.com/ cashback/ ?&pkw=form= MIJAAF/publ= HMTGL/crea= introsrchcashbac k[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]------------ --------- --------- ------Yahoo! Groups Links[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]------------ --------- --------- ------Yahoo! Groups Links[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

          • Tim Khan
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 5, 2008
              Kirby Storter is closest to midway:

              http://cleardarksky.com/c/KrbyRpFLkey.html?1