Untamed New England 2012

  • jason_untamed
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2011
      Hello Adventurers!

      Registration is now open for the 2012 Untamed New England Adventure
      Race. Along with details about the race on the website, we've also
      posted all the details on how to register for the race, and there are
      over 10 teams already signed-up (refer to the roster of teams for
      details).

      http://www.untamedne.com/ <http://www.untamedne.com/>

      A Peak Into Untamed New England 2012

      2012 Untamed New England will take place in a brand new area and we're
      working with Northern Outdoors in The Forks of Maine as the host venue.
      This is deep Maine wilderness, and was the setting for the 1995
      Eco-Challenge race; the leadership at Northern Outdoors worked along
      side Mark Burnett to produce that Eco-Challenge event . . . they are
      ecstatic to re-connect with the adventure racing community 16 years
      later.

      Our race will again be distinguished as a Qualifier for the Adventure
      Racing World Championships; in 2012, the World Championships will be in
      the French Alps in September. Our race winners earn a free ticket to the
      Championship race along with $5000 cash, and our 2nd place team also
      wins a paid entry to the World Championships.

      We've spent a lot of time on the race course these last few months, and
      I'm confident in declaring it our finest race course yet. The course has
      a great balance of the AR classics such as paddling, biking, trekking,
      and ropes -- with the addition of some newer activities like whitewater
      rafting and packrafting. By adding a 4th day of racing to the event, we
      can be more relaxed with our time cut-offs and can assure teams that the
      biggest ropes and whitewater rafting sections will be completed before
      any time cut-offs.

      We finished permitting conversations on our most intense sections of the
      race, and the land managers were unanimous in sharing that "nobody has
      done a traverse like that in recorded history, maybe not even the Native
      Americans going all the way back." There are great things in store for
      teams racing the Untamed New England 2012 next June! You may not be
      ready for us, but we're ready for you!

      See you in June!

      Jason Reed

      Competitor Relations Untamed Adventure