Re: [SCA Newcomers]Garb shopping

  • Kathi
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 22, 2007
      There are a couple of Ebay merchants that sell good quality SCA garb,
      as Elspeth says, be cautious and use the rating to determine if you
      want to go that route.
      Another option is the merchants webring:
      http://www.chainmailstore.com/scamerchantsrow/
      There are some dead links, but overall, you have quite a few clothiers
      to choose from.
      A word about sewing...I couldn't even stitch a hem when I started and
      my BF had a sewing machine he made his armor on (he is a light
      fighter) he brought home when we moved in together...after buying a
      few garments that I quickly deconstructed, I realized the patterns
      were not that difficult...I find that making my own really is more
      cost effective, but I must weigh that against the time it takes to
      make the garments...
      Peace-
      Magdelena d'Tomasofia

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Elizabeth Cember
      <sapphire_chan@...> wrote:

      > Be *very* cautious buying from Ebay. There's a whole LiveJournal
      community dedicated to mocking the offerings of Ebay sellers who just
      stick "medieval", "renaissance" and "SCA" onto their stuff to get
      people to look at it. Plain tunics in the colors from the article
      about introductions to tunics that was posted earlier should be fine.