Re: [SCA Newcomers] device

  • archerpren
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5 10:44 AM
      the conflict was with the black and red stripes. rosalie

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "SidheMaiden" <sidhemaiden@...>
      wrote:

      > archerpren:
      >
      > You have divided your field and used 'white' as your background
      along the top division....there is no 'white' color in
      heraldry....'white', or Argent, is considered a metal and is used to
      symbolize silver. Being so, there should be no conflict by
      having 'red' [Gules] hearts on an Argent [silver/white] background.
      It follows the no color on color and no metal on metal rule.

      > I am not sure what your herald means saying there is conflict. I
      must be missing something.

      > The ONLY loophole to the color/color, metal/metal rule are rare
      instances when using a color designation as "proper". The most easy
      to understand example is saying you are using a blue background and
      a "bear proper" as your object. The "bear proper" means that the bear
      would be [most likely] brown, just as it is in nature. This means
      brown would be placed on blue, bending the normal rule.