Re: [SCA Newcomers] Outcasts, Rogues,

  • wendy brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2007
      I'm definitely not shy. I joined the SCA hoping to find friends that wanted to sit around the campfire, cook steak and potatoes and corn on the cob in the firepit, play bocci, and board games, watch the fighters, I love it when they fall over and twitch their feet, and learn new stuff. I'm really into drawing and learning the illumination. But when we went to our first event everyone sat with the ones they usually sat with and bunked with their buddies. One couple I didn't know were working with yarn and sat at the table hoping to help and talk and make some friends. The lady thought I was there to flirt with her man. So the rest of the time we were there I had to be rude and ignore him. We got placed by them at dinner and I had to make sure not to talk to him. HOW STUPID!! It made the feast very uncomfortable and I had done nothing.
      So we have been invited to join the pirates and I am very thankful to Captain Rumcakes for allowing us to be part of her crew AND if there's ever anything wrong I'm sure someone will walk the plank.
      See you all at Fools War,
      One of the renagades
      OH OH now I do need to walk the plank. I forgot to make my son's mac-n-cheese.