Re: [SCA Newcomers] hi!

  • Elizabeth Cember
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2007
      Easiest possible skirt is a drawstring skirt:
      Take a panel of fabric. (Waist to floor, plus hem, plus inch or so X bottom circumference)
      Hem the bottom.
      Create a channel at the top. (fold down an inch or so)
      Sew the sides together, leaving a gap in the top channel
      Feed a cord into the gap and through the channel
      Pull the cord tight to your waist and tie a bow.

      After that it's just a matter of getting less material on top and more on bottom. That's where things like gores and pleating come into it.

      Elspeth

      "I slept and dreamt that life was joy,
      I woke and saw that life was duty,
      I acted and behold, duty was joy"