Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: Newbie @ Smythkepe....

  • David Backlin
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 11, 2007
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Marcy" <flightyone@...>
      To: <scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2007 1:12 PM
      Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Re: Newbie @ Smythkepe....

      > Mundanely speaking, I'm a student at Delta State University in
      > Cleveland, MS. It is considered unclaimed land currently in the SCA;
      > however, we camp with House Aylekeepe during Gulf Wars.

      Definitely part of Gleann Abhann ;)

      If you come to gleannabhann.sca.org or gleannabhann@yahoogroups.com we can
      helo you find the closest group to you ;)

      THL Edrei the Quiet
      (mka David Backlin)
      Merchant and Adventurer
      Shire of Smythkepe
    • Signora Beatrice
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 11, 2007
        Greetings.

        As for trim, my absolute favorite place for trim searches is Calontir
        Trim. They have an amazingly extensive collection, and it's searchable by
        primary color, primary metal, etc.

        Here's the results for my (very quick) serach for turquoise trims:

        http://www.calontirtrim.com/cgi-bin/dqryPublicOneColor.ASP?%5BColor1%5D=Turquoise

        And here's their general site

        http://www.calontirtrim.com/

        Don't work for them, just love how their site works for searching trim.

        --- Karen Pate <cym.lloyd@...> wrote:

        > Lord Edrei,
        >

        > Trim? I'm looking for something pretty specific, and having no luck.
        > I'm
        > looking for something about 2" wide, preferably turquoise with metallic
        > copper, and a distinctively middle-eastern/ Turkish style. Can you
        > help?
        >
        > :-) Cym
        >

        > _____

        In Service to Lioncourt Manor and An Tir,
        Signora Beatrice Domenici della Campana

        Need Mail bonding?
      • Susan B. Farmer
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 11, 2007
          Quoting Marcy <flightyone@...>:

          > Mundanely speaking, I'm a student at Delta State University in
          > Cleveland, MS. It is considered unclaimed land currently in the SCA;
          > however, we camp with House Aylekeepe during Gulf Wars.

          Cool!

          > I'd type more, but I'm off to work on garb!

          nods. I know that feeling!

          jerusha
          -----
          Susan Farmer