Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: Newbie @ Smythkepe....

  • Susan B. Farmer
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 10, 2007
      Quoting Marcy <flightyone@...>:

      > My name is Marcy, and I'm from unclaimed lands in Gleann Abhann, and I
      > was hooked after my first event, which was Feb. 3rd in Millington (I
      > think?), TN at Candlemas. The king and queen were both there, and
      > like you, I was hooked afterwards. I met some very interesting
      > people, and I'm already signed up to volunteer with the Early Life
      > camp's dismantling and rebuilding of their kiln at Gulf Wars (it'll be
      > my first Gulf Wars).

      Where abouts in Gleann Abhann? We may try and pull you over to Meridies! :-D

      Welcome!

      jerusha
      -----
      Susan Farmer
      sfarmer@...
      University of Tennessee
    • David Backlin
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 10, 2007
        >> My name is Marcy, and I'm from unclaimed lands in Gleann Abhann, and I
        >> was hooked after my first event, which was Feb. 3rd in Millington (I
        >> think?), TN at Candlemas. The king and queen were both there, and
        >> like you, I was hooked afterwards. I met some very interesting
        >> people, and I'm already signed up to volunteer with the Early Life
        >> camp's dismantling and rebuilding of their kiln at Gulf Wars (it'll be
        >> my first Gulf Wars).
        >>

        > Where abouts in Gleann Abhann? We may try and pull you over to Meridies!
        > :-D

        But Gleann Abhann has its own trim & button merchant ;)

        THL Edrei the Quiet
        (mka David Backlin)
        Merchant and Adventurer
        Shire of Smythkepe
      • Karen Pate
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 11, 2007
          Lord Edrei,

          Trim? I'm looking for something pretty specific, and having no luck. I'm
          looking for something about 2" wide, preferably turquoise with metallic
          copper, and a distinctively middle-eastern/ Turkish style. Can you help?

          :-) Cym

          _____

          >> My name is Marcy, and I'm from unclaimed lands in Gleann Abhann, and I
          >> was hooked after my first event, which was Feb. 3rd in Millington (I
          >> think?), TN at Candlemas. The king and queen were both there, and
          >> like you, I was hooked afterwards. I met some very interesting
          >> people, and I'm already signed up to volunteer with the Early Life
          >> camp's dismantling and rebuilding of their kiln at Gulf Wars (it'll be
          >> my first Gulf Wars).
          >>

          > Where abouts in Gleann Abhann? We may try and pull you over to Meridies!
          > :-D

          But Gleann Abhann has its own trim & button merchant ;)

          THL Edrei the Quiet
          (mka David Backlin)
          Merchant and Adventurer
          Shire of Smythkepe

        • Marcy
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 11, 2007
            Mundanely speaking, I'm a student at Delta State University in
            Cleveland, MS. It is considered unclaimed land currently in the SCA;
            however, we camp with House Aylekeepe during Gulf Wars.

            I'd type more, but I'm off to work on garb!
          • David Backlin
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 11, 2007
              Hmmmmm... let me look. If there's a specific design, you can always send me
              a photo or scan edrei(at)smythkepe.org .

              THL Edrei the Quiet
              (mka David Backlin)
              Merchant and Adventurer
              Shire of Smythkepe

              > Trim? I'm looking for something pretty specific, and having no luck. I'm
              > looking for something about 2" wide, preferably turquoise with metallic
              > copper, and a distinctively middle-eastern/ Turkish style. Can you help?
              >
              > :-) Cym

            • David Backlin
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 11, 2007
                > Mundanely speaking, I'm a student at Delta State University in
                > Cleveland, MS. It is considered unclaimed land currently in the SCA;
                > however, we camp with House Aylekeepe during Gulf Wars.

                Definitely part of Gleann Abhann ;)

                If you come to gleannabhann.sca.org or gleannabhann@yahoogroups.com we can
                helo you find the closest group to you ;)

                THL Edrei the Quiet
                (mka David Backlin)
                Merchant and Adventurer
                Shire of Smythkepe
              • Signora Beatrice
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 11, 2007
                  Greetings.

                  As for trim, my absolute favorite place for trim searches is Calontir
                  Trim. They have an amazingly extensive collection, and it's searchable by
                  primary color, primary metal, etc.

                  Here's the results for my (very quick) serach for turquoise trims:

                  http://www.calontirtrim.com/cgi-bin/dqryPublicOneColor.ASP?%5BColor1%5D=Turquoise

                  And here's their general site

                  http://www.calontirtrim.com/

                  Don't work for them, just love how their site works for searching trim.

                  --- Karen Pate <cym.lloyd@...> wrote:

                  > Lord Edrei,
                  >

                  > Trim? I'm looking for something pretty specific, and having no luck.
                  > I'm
                  > looking for something about 2" wide, preferably turquoise with metallic
                  > copper, and a distinctively middle-eastern/ Turkish style. Can you
                  > help?
                  >
                  > :-) Cym
                  >

                  > _____

                  In Service to Lioncourt Manor and An Tir,
                  Signora Beatrice Domenici della Campana

                  Need Mail bonding?
                • Susan B. Farmer
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 11, 2007
                    Quoting Marcy <flightyone@...>:

                    > Mundanely speaking, I'm a student at Delta State University in
                    > Cleveland, MS. It is considered unclaimed land currently in the SCA;
                    > however, we camp with House Aylekeepe during Gulf Wars.

                    Cool!

                    > I'd type more, but I'm off to work on garb!

                    nods. I know that feeling!

                    jerusha
                    -----
                    Susan Farmer