Newbie @ Smythkepe....

  • Larry II
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 28, 2007
      Greetings and salutations, fair fellows and ladies!

      My name is Larry, I'm a citizen of Smythkepe, and I'm interested in
      joining. I don't know when I'll be able to devote enough time to become
      a full-fledged paying member of the SCA, but in the meantime, I'm more
      than happy to attend as many events as I can squeeze into my hectic
      schedule.

      Yesterday, I attended my first SCA event, the Newbie Collegium in
      Conway, AR. Even though she was there, and even though I saw her many
      times, it's just now hitting me that I attended my first Newbie
      Collegium - my first SCA event - and Her Majesty was there, too! The
      QUEEN!!! Like, of the entire kingdom! That's pretty big! When someone
      pointed out to me the scope of the kingdom, I was awestruck, b/c,
      honestly, how often does the Queen attend a Newbie Collegium?

      Anyway, it was a really big day for me, and now, I'm hooked.

      Fair thee well!
    • Marcy
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 10, 2007
        My name is Marcy, and I'm from unclaimed lands in Gleann Abhann, and I
        was hooked after my first event, which was Feb. 3rd in Millington (I
        think?), TN at Candlemas. The king and queen were both there, and
        like you, I was hooked afterwards. I met some very interesting
        people, and I'm already signed up to volunteer with the Early Life
        camp's dismantling and rebuilding of their kiln at Gulf Wars (it'll be
        my first Gulf Wars).

        Glad to see others so excited after their first events too!
      • Susan B. Farmer
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 10, 2007
          Quoting Marcy <flightyone@...>:

          > My name is Marcy, and I'm from unclaimed lands in Gleann Abhann, and I
          > was hooked after my first event, which was Feb. 3rd in Millington (I
          > think?), TN at Candlemas. The king and queen were both there, and
          > like you, I was hooked afterwards. I met some very interesting
          > people, and I'm already signed up to volunteer with the Early Life
          > camp's dismantling and rebuilding of their kiln at Gulf Wars (it'll be
          > my first Gulf Wars).

          Where abouts in Gleann Abhann? We may try and pull you over to Meridies! :-D

          Welcome!

          jerusha
          -----
          Susan Farmer
          sfarmer@...
          University of Tennessee
        • David Backlin
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 10, 2007
            >> My name is Marcy, and I'm from unclaimed lands in Gleann Abhann, and I
            >> was hooked after my first event, which was Feb. 3rd in Millington (I
            >> think?), TN at Candlemas. The king and queen were both there, and
            >> like you, I was hooked afterwards. I met some very interesting
            >> people, and I'm already signed up to volunteer with the Early Life
            >> camp's dismantling and rebuilding of their kiln at Gulf Wars (it'll be
            >> my first Gulf Wars).
            >>

            > Where abouts in Gleann Abhann? We may try and pull you over to Meridies!
            > :-D

            But Gleann Abhann has its own trim & button merchant ;)

            THL Edrei the Quiet
            (mka David Backlin)
            Merchant and Adventurer
            Shire of Smythkepe
          • Karen Pate
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 11, 2007
              Lord Edrei,

              Trim? I'm looking for something pretty specific, and having no luck. I'm
              looking for something about 2" wide, preferably turquoise with metallic
              copper, and a distinctively middle-eastern/ Turkish style. Can you help?

              :-) Cym

              _____

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 11, 2007
                Mundanely speaking, I'm a student at Delta State University in
                Cleveland, MS. It is considered unclaimed land currently in the SCA;
                however, we camp with House Aylekeepe during Gulf Wars.

                I'd type more, but I'm off to work on garb!
              • David Backlin
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 11, 2007
                  Hmmmmm... let me look. If there's a specific design, you can always send me
                  a photo or scan edrei(at)smythkepe.org .

                  THL Edrei the Quiet
                  (mka David Backlin)
                  Merchant and Adventurer
                  Shire of Smythkepe

                  > Trim? I'm looking for something pretty specific, and having no luck. I'm
                  > looking for something about 2" wide, preferably turquoise with metallic
                  > copper, and a distinctively middle-eastern/ Turkish style. Can you help?
                  >
                  > :-) Cym

                • David Backlin
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 11, 2007
                    > Mundanely speaking, I'm a student at Delta State University in
                    > Cleveland, MS. It is considered unclaimed land currently in the SCA;
                    > however, we camp with House Aylekeepe during Gulf Wars.

                    Definitely part of Gleann Abhann ;)

                    If you come to gleannabhann.sca.org or gleannabhann@yahoogroups.com we can
                    helo you find the closest group to you ;)

                    THL Edrei the Quiet
                    (mka David Backlin)
                    Merchant and Adventurer
                    Shire of Smythkepe
                  • Signora Beatrice
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 11, 2007
                      Greetings.

                      As for trim, my absolute favorite place for trim searches is Calontir
                      Trim. They have an amazingly extensive collection, and it's searchable by
                      primary color, primary metal, etc.

                      Here's the results for my (very quick) serach for turquoise trims:

                      http://www.calontirtrim.com/cgi-bin/dqryPublicOneColor.ASP?%5BColor1%5D=Turquoise

                      And here's their general site

                      http://www.calontirtrim.com/

                      Don't work for them, just love how their site works for searching trim.

                      --- Karen Pate <cym.lloyd@...> wrote:

                      > Lord Edrei,
                      >

                      > Trim? I'm looking for something pretty specific, and having no luck.
                      > I'm
                      > looking for something about 2" wide, preferably turquoise with metallic
                      > copper, and a distinctively middle-eastern/ Turkish style. Can you
                      > help?
                      >
                      > :-) Cym
                      >

                      > _____

                      In Service to Lioncourt Manor and An Tir,
                      Signora Beatrice Domenici della Campana

                      Need Mail bonding?
                    • Susan B. Farmer
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 11, 2007
                        Quoting Marcy <flightyone@...>:

                        > Mundanely speaking, I'm a student at Delta State University in
                        > Cleveland, MS. It is considered unclaimed land currently in the SCA;
                        > however, we camp with House Aylekeepe during Gulf Wars.

                        Cool!

                        > I'd type more, but I'm off to work on garb!

                        nods. I know that feeling!

                        jerusha
                        -----
                        Susan Farmer