Re: [SCA Newcomers] Non-SCA at Event?

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 22, 2007
      In a message dated 1/22/2007 1:19:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      justin@... writes:

      <<You should warn your dad that this hobby can be habit-forming. :-)>>

      OK, now I know I'm losing it.

      I read the last part of that sentence (not out loud, mind you, only in my
      head) as "this habby can be hobbit-forming"...

      Lancaster, PA

    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 22, 2007
        On Monday 22 January 2007 19:43, bronwynmgn@... wrote:
        > I read the last part of that sentence (not out loud, mind you, only in my
        > head) as "this habby can be hobbit-forming"...

        Which only goes to show that we should all be terrified of the things that
        go on inside Brangwayna's head. {GRIN....and running for cover!}

        keys fesswise reversed sable.

      • David Roland
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 22, 2007
          That is the best way in the world to grow the SCA. :-) He may not
          ever join or go to an event but he may tell others that will.

          He may even enjoy himself.

          Ian

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "n_e_star" <n_e_star@...> wrote:

          > I'm a total new comer to the SCA and am going to a dance practice
          > today, but there might be some bad weather so my Dad offered to drive
          > me. Now he isn't in the SCA, is it alright for him to still be at the
          > event?
          > I don't want to make him sit at a McD's for four hours.
          >
          > Thank you!
          >
          > Naomi

        • Dianne & Greg Stucki
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 22, 2007
            At 08:18 PM 1/22/2007, you wrote:
            >Which only goes to show that we should all be terrified of the things that
            >go on inside Brangwayna's head. {GRIN....and running for cover!}
            >
            >Justin

            The really funny things involve penguins....

            Laurensa
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 23, 2007
              In a message dated 1/22/2007 10:42:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
              goofy4@... writes:

              <<>Which only goes to show that we should all be terrified of the things that
              >go on inside Brangwayna's head. {GRIN....and running for cover!}
              >
              >Justin

              The really funny things involve penguins....

              Laurensa>>

              Gee, thank Laurensa.

              Don't forget the little baggies of fish bouncing all over the road...

              Lancaster, PA

            • Dianne & Greg Stucki
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 25, 2007
                At 07:37 PM 1/23/2007, you wrote:
                >The really funny things involve penguins....
                >
                >Laurensa>>
                >
                >Gee, thank Laurensa.>>
                >
                >Don't forget the little baggies of fish bouncing all over the road...

                boingy boingy boingy...

                lolol

                Laurensa
              • beauhooligan
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 18, 2007
                  Greetings!

                  I am very interested in the SCA, and would appreciate
                  finding a group close to my home in Stockton, Ca. Stockton
                  is about 50 miles south of Sacramento, California, and 100
                  miles east of San Francisco. As I understand things, SCA was
                  very big in Berkeley, and that is a manageable drive. I
                  would greatly appreciate any help that the group can provide.
                  Adios,

                  Beauregard Hooligan
                  AKA Bill Hilburn