Re: [SCA Newcomers] Non-SCA at Event?

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 22, 2007
      On Sunday 21 January 2007 10:07, n_e_star wrote:
      > Now he isn't in the SCA, is it alright for him to still be at the
      > event?

      {chuckle} Yeah, we had a dad like that in our shire....kept bringing his
      daughter to events because she can't drive (medical problems). He swore and
      swore that he had no interest in the SCA, but got sucked in anyway and
      became a valued shire member.

      You should warn your dad that this hobby can be habit-forming. :-)

      keys fesswise reversed sable.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 22, 2007
        In a message dated 1/22/2007 1:19:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        justin@... writes:

        <<You should warn your dad that this hobby can be habit-forming. :-)>>

        OK, now I know I'm losing it.

        I read the last part of that sentence (not out loud, mind you, only in my
        head) as "this habby can be hobbit-forming"...

        Lancaster, PA

      • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 22, 2007
          On Monday 22 January 2007 19:43, bronwynmgn@... wrote:
          > I read the last part of that sentence (not out loud, mind you, only in my
          > head) as "this habby can be hobbit-forming"...

          Which only goes to show that we should all be terrified of the things that
          go on inside Brangwayna's head. {GRIN....and running for cover!}

          keys fesswise reversed sable.

        • David Roland
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 22, 2007
            That is the best way in the world to grow the SCA. :-) He may not
            ever join or go to an event but he may tell others that will.

            He may even enjoy himself.

            Ian

            --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "n_e_star" <n_e_star@...> wrote:

            > I'm a total new comer to the SCA and am going to a dance practice
            > today, but there might be some bad weather so my Dad offered to drive
            > me. Now he isn't in the SCA, is it alright for him to still be at the
            > event?
            > I don't want to make him sit at a McD's for four hours.
            >
            > Thank you!
            >
            > Naomi

          • Dianne & Greg Stucki
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 22, 2007
              At 08:18 PM 1/22/2007, you wrote:
              >Which only goes to show that we should all be terrified of the things that
              >go on inside Brangwayna's head. {GRIN....and running for cover!}
              >
              >Justin

              The really funny things involve penguins....

              Laurensa
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 23, 2007
                In a message dated 1/22/2007 10:42:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                goofy4@... writes:

                <<>Which only goes to show that we should all be terrified of the things that
                >go on inside Brangwayna's head. {GRIN....and running for cover!}
                >
                >Justin

                The really funny things involve penguins....

                Laurensa>>

                Gee, thank Laurensa.

                Don't forget the little baggies of fish bouncing all over the road...

                Lancaster, PA

              • Dianne & Greg Stucki
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 25, 2007
                  At 07:37 PM 1/23/2007, you wrote:
                  >The really funny things involve penguins....
                  >
                  >Laurensa>>
                  >
                  >Gee, thank Laurensa.>>
                  >
                  >Don't forget the little baggies of fish bouncing all over the road...

                  boingy boingy boingy...

                  lolol

                  Laurensa
                • beauhooligan
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 18, 2007
                    Greetings!

                    I am very interested in the SCA, and would appreciate
                    finding a group close to my home in Stockton, Ca. Stockton
                    is about 50 miles south of Sacramento, California, and 100
                    miles east of San Francisco. As I understand things, SCA was
                    very big in Berkeley, and that is a manageable drive. I
                    would greatly appreciate any help that the group can provide.
                    Adios,

                    Beauregard Hooligan
                    AKA Bill Hilburn