Re: [SCA Newcomers] Chivalry

  • THL Milica of Varna
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 16, 2007
      Greetings all,

      I found your discussion of the various aspects of chivalry interesting. I also
      believe that modern chivalry is more than opening doors.

      There's an interesting article written by the baron of the Barony of the
      Cleftlands (Cleveland, Ohio), Sir Ephriam ben Schlomo, which takes apart the
      knight's oath and looks at what chivalry actually means. It's one of the best
      works I've seen on the subject and may be read at the link below.

      http://cleftlands.cwru.edu/archive/oath.asp

      Milica

      THL Milica of Varna
      Chronicler, Barony of Brendoken