My Armour

  • barbareian
    Message 1 of 2565 , Apr 4, 2000
      I am so excited! In 5 days it arrives!! I just
      uploaded the "During Creation" shots of my armour. It is
      "Drakonic" High Gothic. The suit is a bit of a one of a
      kind, hard to tell here, but it has custom brass trim
      and has been "over lamed" so it is more articulate
      than normal. The mobiliy of this suit is higher and
      smoother than a regular suit or full plate so I will not
      be overly lagged down. The set includes and matching
      closed basket hilt and cod piece.<br> It cost about
      $3000.00, so I have also urchased metal protectant and a
      buffer. Lucky for me I can remove any dents that I WILL
      be getting in it.<br> For those interested, it takes
      about 10 months to a year to produce a suit like this,
      and you really<br> should consider whether you want
      some one beating up on it before you spend that much
      cash.<br> I guess the only justification for spending this
      much on armour is "I will look better dead than my
      killer<br> will alive!" LOL<br> Now if I could find ANYONE
      who can help me figure out where to research a
      Germanic personna<br> and the garb from the late 1300 to
      early 1400's I will be in business.<br> Anyone know how
      to make an SCA Battle Axe?<br> I am also looking for
      a good pattern for barrel practice armour.<br> If
      you want to know who made the armour and how to
      order, send me e-mail and I will be happy to<br> send
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003