Coastal Invasion and Ice Axe

  • Jennifer Townsend
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2007
      Greetings fair lords & ladies!

      Forgive my clumsy language, I am new to the world of SCA. To tell my
      story, I must mix a bit of the modern and medieval language. My
      intended lord is of the Kingdom of Drachenwald. We became acquainted
      through my fair cousin in Brittany and communicate by the great
      invisible airways (internet). He will be journeying to my land
      (Bjornsborg) to visit me and present himself to my family and friends
      as my intended. On his journey, he wishes to meet the local SCA group.
      He has contacted the hospitaler and we have received information that
      two events are taking place during the time of his visit. They are
      called Coastal Invasion and Ice Axe. The Lady Hospitaler said that
      neither event has a website.

      My question is: does anyone know anything more about these events?
      Where they are located? How I can find out more information about
      registration and the like?

      Thank you for your time and any help that is given.

      Jeneuer de Newcastle
      Jennifer Townsend
    • Coblaith Mhuimhneach
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2007
        Jeneuer de Newcastle wrote:
        > . . .we have received information that two events are taking place
        > during the time of his visit. They are called Coastal Invasion and Ice
        > Axe. The Lady Hospitaler said that neither event has a website.
        >
        > My question is: does anyone know anything more about these events?
        > Where they are located? How I can find out more information about
        > registration and the like?

        Ice Axe will be happening in the Shire of Middleford
        <http://middleford.ansteorra.org/>, in the area of Killeen, Texas. The
        hospitaler for the shire should be able to give you better details on
        the event and its site.

        Coastal Invasion is a joint project of the shires of Seawinds and
        Stonebridge Keep, and will be happening near Benavides, Texas. There
        is a site for the event
        <http://www.seawinds.org/Coastal%20Invasion%202007.htm>, though it's
        not terribly extensive (at least not yet).

        For future reference, most of the larger events in the kingdom are
        listed in Ansteorra's event planning calendar
        <http://calendar.ansteorra.org/>, where the names of the sponsoring
        branches are given and (usually--there's not one for Coastal Invasion)
        links to event websites are provided.

        Welcome to the Society, and to the Stellar Kingdom! Don't hesitate to
        swing north and visit us in Bryn Gwlad. We've got a couple of
        hum-dinger events coming up in 2-3 weeks
        <http://bryn-gwlad.ansteorra.org/events/>, and we love a crowd!

        Coblaith Mhuimhneach
        Barony of Bryn Gwlad
        Kingdom of Ansteorra
      • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2007
          On Friday 12 January 2007 13:07, Jennifer Townsend wrote:
          > Forgive my clumsy language, I am new to the world of SCA. To tell my
          > story, I must mix a bit of the modern and medieval language.

          M'Lady, this is an email list. You are welcome here, whether you use modern
          or medieval language or some mix of your own creation. :-) We all love
          playing in the Current Middle Ages, but at some point you draw a line and say
          "okay, we're outside the world of the imagination now and back in reality."
          {GRIN}

          In other words, relax. No apology needed.

          Justin
          List Moderator

          keys fesswise reversed sable.

        • Jennifer Townsend
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 12, 2007
            Thank you, kind gentles, for your responses. After studying the maps,
            my lord and I have determined that Coastal Invasion is not feasible
            with our other plans. However, I have contacted the Lady Hospitaler of
            Middleford for further information concerning Ice Axe. This is my first
            event ever and as such I believe I should like to just go for the day.
            Or go for the day and stay in a mundane hotel. I do not think I'm quite
            ready to tent camp...yet.

            Thanks again,

            Jeneuer de Newcastle
            Jennifer Townsend