Re: newby

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2007
      Greetings!

      I am Ian the Green, Newcomer's Welcomer for the Shire of Grey
      Gargoyles. (The official title is Chatelain.) Grey Gargoyles is
      the Shire that covers most of the Southern half of Chicago, IL.

      The State of Illinois is known in the SCA as the Region of the
      Midlands and that is in the SCA Kingdom of the Middle, or easier to
      say, Middle Kingdom.

      For an easy way to figure out who your local group is I recommend
      that you use the interactive map in the following link. Just click
      closest to where you are until you find the closest group.

      http://www.dragonscaleconsort.com/cartography/

      If you fall into an area that doesn't have a group, and
      unfortunately there are several in the Midlands (Illinois), don't
      particularly worry about it, just pick the group closest to you and
      get a hold of their Chatelain or Seneschal. (Seneschals are group
      presidents.)

      I wish you the best of luck! If for any reason you have
      difficulties in getting a hold of a local group in the next week,
      get a hold of me and I'll see what doors I can open up for you and
      get you moving in the SCA in your area.

      I can be reached at my e-mail mystborne AT yahoo DOT com

      Ian the Green

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "lemonbalmbess1" <orrs3@...>