newby

  • lemonbalmbess1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2007
      hi! going to join sca soon and interestd n finding group near western
      illinois.
    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2007
        On Friday 05 January 2007 18:51, lemonbalmbess1 wrote:
        > hi! going to join sca soon and interestd n finding group near western
        > illinois.

        Welcome! You are in the Midlands Region. Try this link:

        http://www.midrealm.org/seneschallorum/index.phtml#Midlands

        You can also check this page:

        http://www.midrealm.org/seneschallorum/non-warranted.phtml

        to see if there is an incipient (newly forming)
        group near you, since the main page lists only fully-established groups.

        Have fun!

        keys fesswise reversed sable.

      • David Roland
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2007
          Greetings!

          I am Ian the Green, Newcomer's Welcomer for the Shire of Grey
          Gargoyles. (The official title is Chatelain.) Grey Gargoyles is
          the Shire that covers most of the Southern half of Chicago, IL.

          The State of Illinois is known in the SCA as the Region of the
          Midlands and that is in the SCA Kingdom of the Middle, or easier to
          say, Middle Kingdom.

          For an easy way to figure out who your local group is I recommend
          that you use the interactive map in the following link. Just click
          closest to where you are until you find the closest group.

          http://www.dragonscaleconsort.com/cartography/

          If you fall into an area that doesn't have a group, and
          unfortunately there are several in the Midlands (Illinois), don't
          particularly worry about it, just pick the group closest to you and
          get a hold of their Chatelain or Seneschal. (Seneschals are group
          presidents.)

          I wish you the best of luck! If for any reason you have
          difficulties in getting a hold of a local group in the next week,
          get a hold of me and I'll see what doors I can open up for you and
          get you moving in the SCA in your area.

          I can be reached at my e-mail mystborne AT yahoo DOT com

          Ian the Green

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "lemonbalmbess1" <orrs3@...>