[SCA Newcomers] Digest Number 1241 4a

  • Sharon Persley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2007
      scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      4a.
      Chivalry Posted by: "John" sunflash@... darkstar773 Wed Jan 3, 2007 7:08 pm (PST) I was out at the bar on new years and one of my female friends said
      something rather interesting to me, according to her the whole idea of
      chivalry and what it stands for is dead, I disagree with her but I'm
      curious to see what you all think of how we can apply Chivalry to our
      modern life.

      John

      Back to top

      I have a friend that tells me all the time Chivalry is not dead, just sadly misplaced. I say it is not widely practiced. I practice chivalry all the time. Hold a door, please and thank you, a smile, letting someone into a line of traffic, letting someone go in front of me in the grocery checkout because they have fewer items. There are many ways to find chivalry. Oprah calls these acts "random acts of kindness" I call them chivalry. Your female friend want to see chivalry, she needs to practice it;-) it can catch on. Smile they are contagious :-)
      Just my look on the topic.

      Always in the Service of the Dream,
      Iseabail McTavish
      Chatelaine in the Middle Kingdom
      Shire of Cuil Choluim

      812-546-5877
      firelizard67@...
      http://home.att.net/~cuilcholuim/index.htm

      May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
      enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to
      keep you human and enough hope to make you happy.
      Reminder: Growing old is manditory, growing up is optional!
      "When asked by an anthropologist what the Indians called America before the white man came, an Indian said simply, 'Ours'"
      Vine Deloria