Re: [SCA Newcomers] Disaster relief & Jibril ibn Najdah

  • Jibril ibn Najdah ibn Zayd al-`Attar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
      Cym wrote:
      > I noticed in your signature that you're involved in disaster relief
      > through the SCA? I'm in Ansteorra, not Calontir (Loch Soillier area),
      > but this is something very near and dear to me. Does anyone know if
      > there's a group like that in my area?

      Greetings, Cym!

      Not every Kingdom has an established Disaster Relief Committee. It's
      up to the discretion of Their Majesties and the Kingdom Seneschal
      whether to have a committee in place. Almost every Kingdom had
      something in place for relief efforts after Hurricanes Katrina and
      Rita; not all Kingdoms kept that after relief efforts were ceased, at
      the request of Glenn Abhann & Meridies relief contacts.

      Calontir, Trimaris, and Caid are the only Kingdoms that I'm currently
      aware of that have kept a committee in place...reporting up through
      the Kingdom Seneschal. [[Which reminds me, I have a 2006 Domesday
      report to send to Baron Jon. *LOL* Thanks for the reminder!]]

      If you're interested in such things for Ansteorra, and you're not
      finding any information about an established committee (which I've not
      found yet myself)...you may send an inquiry to the Kingdom Seneschal.
      They would be the one to best point you in the right direction if such
      a committee exists; if not, they would be the one that would need to
      consider establishing such a committee.

      Until the next time,
      Jibril
    • Maria
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
        Yes. Duchess Julia WAS the Disaster relief coordinator but I'm not sure if she is anymore since she became the Kingdom Seneschal. However, my advice would be to contact her to find out who is the coordinator now if it's not her.

        In Service to the Dream,
        Lady Elizabeta Maria dei Medici
        Maria Buchanan
        Hospitaler - Barony of the Stargate