Re: [SCA Newcomers] achievements (was: "device" vs. "arms")

  • Sara L Uckelman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
      Quoth "Maria":
      > BTW if you've heard about me up there it's probably by the name Lady Maria.
      > (A perfect example of NOT being able to change a name. I tried to register t
      > he name Maria da Modena and found out that the current Queen of England has a
      > n ancestor named that,

      Not just a mere ancestor - Mary of Modena was the wife of James II, and
      hence queen consort of England.

      Historical ruling sovereigns and their consorts are pretty much
      automatically considered important enough to protect from conflict. In
      history, you can't get much more important than the king, the queen, and
      the pope. :)

      -Aryanhwy

      --
      vita sine literis mors est