Re: [SCA Newcomers] achievements (was: "device" vs. "arms")

  • Maria
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2006
      Thank you for clarifying that Coblaith. I'm actually hoping to make it to Queens and hope to meet you there. I've gotten so many questions about this stuff as the Hospitaler for, first Gate's Edge then GE and Stargate and now finally only Stargate, that I'd love some clarification on it. My first impulse is to send the asker to someone who knows more than me and that's a good instinct but if I can answer the questions of easy or moderate degree that gives the herald more time to work on his own stuff.

      BTW if you've heard about me up there it's probably by the name Lady Maria. (A perfect example of NOT being able to change a name. I tried to register the name Maria da Modena and found out that the current Queen of England has an ancestor named that, but everyone still calls me Lady Maria. The current name actually JUST passed. I'm finally official. LOL)

      Hope to see you in a few weeks.

      In Service to the Dream,
      Lady Elizabeta Maria dei Medici
      Maria Buchanan
      Hospitaler - Barony of the Stargate
      281-433-0347
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
        Quoth "Maria":
        > BTW if you've heard about me up there it's probably by the name Lady Maria.
        > (A perfect example of NOT being able to change a name. I tried to register t
        > he name Maria da Modena and found out that the current Queen of England has a
        > n ancestor named that,

        Not just a mere ancestor - Mary of Modena was the wife of James II, and
        hence queen consort of England.

        Historical ruling sovereigns and their consorts are pretty much
        automatically considered important enough to protect from conflict. In
        history, you can't get much more important than the king, the queen, and
        the pope. :)

        -Aryanhwy

        --
        vita sine literis mors est