Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: First Garb.....

  • Maria
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 17, 2006
      It seems relatively period and I don't see the thing about the sleeve seams but then I only took a quick look at the pattern front and didn't really look at the whole pattern. It also looks relatively simple. I'd say go for it. The Gate's of Hell is really well designed. I wear them all the time and they are pretty simple to design but sometimes can be hard to make if you buy the wrong pattern. (I got one pattern once for a Surcoat that has a train and is really full - you really have to match patterns on the material if you're making it with a patterned material or it looks funny but it's a relatively simple pattern to make other than that.)

      I say have fun and go for it.

      In Service to the Dream,
      Lady Elizabeta Maria dei Medici
      Maria Buchanan