Re: [SCA Newcomers] QUESTION ABOUT FINDING SOMETHING......

  • Dianne & Greg Stucki
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 10, 2006
      At 03:52 PM 12/10/2006, you wrote:

      >Is it imperative that a newbie "finds" something to do in the SCA
      >besides creating a persona & attending events?

      No, of course not...but you will. I promise you that. ;-)

      In fact, you will probably find that there aren't enough hours in the
      day for all you want to learn to do.

      If you just show up for the party, that's okay too.

      Laurensa
    • Sean
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 12, 2006
        My thoughts before joining were always that joining the SCA was for
        the heavy weapons.

        Not even close. Think about what you like to do in your modern-era life.

        If you like to draw, maybe scribing or illumination is for you. If you
        like shooting things, archery or combat archery. If you like wearing
        cool stuff, maybe you could be a tailor. If you can't learn more than
        one subject at a time, or simply can't afford more than one (like me),
        then pick the one that catches your eye the most and put it at the top
        of a list of subjects you're interested in. And then just work on the
        list over time. It'll all still be there when you're ready to get to it.

        Yours in respect and aid,
        Lochlan