Re: [SCA Newcomers] Feast

  • Kimiko Small
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 6, 2006
      At 10:50 AM 12/5/2006, you wrote:
      >I also have heard that you probably want to get wooden plates and bowls
      >because if you get the metal ones they suck the heat out of your food
      >really fast. I think this is probably true because I used a metal cup
      >at the feast I just attended and the cup was freezing! Granted I had a
      >cold drink in it but it just shows that the temperature is transfered
      >to the metal instead of staying in the food item. Pren

      You can hurt yourself with hot mulled cider using a metal goblet or tanker.
      I love my wooden goblet, because it is bigger than my dainty silver one yet
      still will let me nicely warm my hands on the mulled cider without burning
      them or my lips (yes, I've done that... once).

      However, I've not had any problems with my food rated pewter plates, other
      than the bottom getting a little warm. I've also used wooden plates, and
      both work nicely for me.

      Joane Silvertoppe
      B. Nordwache, K. Caid
      mka Kimiko Small, Fresno, CA, USA
      A Gentlewoman's Warderobe Accounts
      http://www.kimiko1.com/warderobe.html
    • kuriouskitty32f
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 6, 2006
        I have also heard tale that some of the ales and meads that are made
        may have a chemical reaction to metal.

        Edana of AEthelmearc