SCA in the Media

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
      The Chicago Maroon is the Student paper for the Univeristy of
      Chicago. There are some misquotes in the article and some wrong info
      but overall I think it is a fairly positive article for the SCA.

      http://maroon.uchicago.edu/online_edition/news/2006/11/28/gargoyles-
      visit-middle-ages/

      Just a quick correction the Grey Gargoyles are NOT the premiere group
      of the Middle Kingdom. That honor goes, I believe, to the Province of
      Tree Girt Sea also in Chicago.

      Ian the Green
    • drew_radtke
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
        The SCA was also on Good Morning America (I think) a little while ago.
        It's fairly accurate, except for the "no one really get hurt fighting"
        remark. Here's the link if you feel the need to watch it.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vljdsfphks
      • Coblaith Mhuimhneach
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
          drew_radtke wrote:
          > The SCA was also on Good Morning America (I think) a little while ago.

          The logo for CBS News: Sunday Morning pops up at the end. The footage
          is from Gulf Wars IX, which is described as having happened "a couple
          of weeks ago". That would put the original broadcast around the
          beginning of April, 2000. (Gulf Wars XVI will fall on March 11th
          through 18th, 2007 <http://www.gulfwars.org/>.)

          Coblaith Mhuimhneach
          Barony of Bryn Gwlad
          Kingdom of Ansteorra
          <mailto:Coblaith@...>
        • David Roland
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2006
            Well I suppose that depends on what your definition of getting hurt
            is. Bruising doesn't count to me. And if there is something going on
            more than armor bites and bruising at your martial activities
            something is going very very wrong.

            Ian