Re: thank you notes
- In my mind there are 4 easy ways to say thank you.
1) Write a modern note of thanks. Perfectly acceptable and greatfully
appreciated I'm sure.
2) Recommend the largesse guild for a group service award should your
Kingdom have that.
3) As you have received service by the hand of others, give service to
others by your hand. It needn't be making garb or some such. Just
helping set up and tear down at events or in the kitchen or at check-
in. There are all sorts of ways to give service in the SCA.
4) Commission a calligrapher to write a period thank you note to the
guild. This is a very period way to do things as many people in
period did not know how to write.
Ian the Green
Chatelain - Grey Gargoyles
Apprentice to Mistress Magdalena von der Plesse
Region of the Midlands
--- In email@example.com, "andermazzasen" <cmmom@...> wrote:
> I'm new to SCA in the Outlands. The largesse guild in my barony has
> made me and each of my family members tunics. What's a period way to
> send thank you notes? Regretfully, I don't know calligraphy.
> Thank you,
> Rosa Maria di Mazza