Re: thank you notes

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2006
      In my mind there are 4 easy ways to say thank you.

      1) Write a modern note of thanks. Perfectly acceptable and greatfully
      appreciated I'm sure.

      2) Recommend the largesse guild for a group service award should your
      Kingdom have that.

      3) As you have received service by the hand of others, give service to
      others by your hand. It needn't be making garb or some such. Just
      helping set up and tear down at events or in the kitchen or at check-
      in. There are all sorts of ways to give service in the SCA.

      4) Commission a calligrapher to write a period thank you note to the
      guild. This is a very period way to do things as many people in
      period did not know how to write.

      Ian the Green
      Chatelain - Grey Gargoyles
      Apprentice to Mistress Magdalena von der Plesse
      for calligraphy
      Region of the Midlands
      Middle Kingdom