Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: Suggestions, please

  • Jessica Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 20, 2006
      all in all talk to people.
      The SCA is very people orinentated and most of them love getting newbies
      hooked. its almost a game of who can make who an addict quickest.
      If you like to sew and do lace you really should add the local arts and
      sciences meetings to your lists. little ungarbed events where you have the
      oppurtunity to go and learn are awesome - and with you already having an
      interest you can make the network that would be nice to have when going to
      an event. Waterbearing is activiely a lot of fun. When watching fighting it
      is also a good thing to have something to do - and there are other ways to
      compete, you generally have at least a bardic and art and sciences
      competition at each event.
      oh and Gulf War is coming up! in march - thats a huge event that should be
      loads of fun. I honestly cant wait.
      Yours,
      Jessica