Re: Suggestions, please

  • Melissa
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 19, 2006
      Heelo Cym,
      I am Herrin Hedwig from Loch Soilleir. If you will go to our website
      it has a page with all of the officers listed and their email
      contacts. You can email our hospitler (an extremly nice man named
      Yamai) and he will be more than happy to hook you up with information
      adn people who can help you with what you're interested in doing.
      Also, our Christmas party is December 16th and that is a wonderful
      place to meet most of the gentles in the Loch. It is a small event and
      not too overwhelming at all...lots of fun with no pressure. I
      encourage you to attend! (Shameless plug from the event sterard!)

      I am the herald for our barony so if you have any questions I can help
      you with please feel free to email me at

      lochherald @ gmail.com (remove the spaces)

      In Service to the Dream,
      Herrin Hedwig von Luneborg
      Loch Soilleir
    • Jessica Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 20, 2006
        all in all talk to people.
        The SCA is very people orinentated and most of them love getting newbies
        hooked. its almost a game of who can make who an addict quickest.
        If you like to sew and do lace you really should add the local arts and
        sciences meetings to your lists. little ungarbed events where you have the
        oppurtunity to go and learn are awesome - and with you already having an
        interest you can make the network that would be nice to have when going to
        an event. Waterbearing is activiely a lot of fun. When watching fighting it
        is also a good thing to have something to do - and there are other ways to
        compete, you generally have at least a bardic and art and sciences
        competition at each event.
        oh and Gulf War is coming up! in march - thats a huge event that should be
        loads of fun. I honestly cant wait.
        Yours,
        Jessica