Re: [SCA Newcomers] Hello and a question on interkingdom etiquette

  • Susan B. Farmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2006
      Quoting Joel <thirteen_letters@...>:

      > Greetings.
      >
      > An introduction: John Marvell at your service, gentles all. My companions
      > know me as Jack. I am a new resident of the Barony of Thor's Mountain
      > in Meridies.

      *snip*

      > A question to illustrate my basic ignorance -- I have a bit of
      > wanderlust and especially love the Barony of Hawkwood region in
      > Atlantia. I would love to wander over there to try out rapier practice
      > sometime, but is there a particular interkingdom etiquette to keep in
      > mind?

      Hi, Jack. (waves) ... yeah, I'm everywhere ...

      You might look at their web site -- or sign onto their mailing list if
      they have one. Another thing that you could do is check out Atlantian
      Kingdom Law -- I know that they request a stronger attempt to hide
      mundanities than we do (at least it's written into their kingdom law.)

      In general, there's not much to worry about. The only place that you
      might run into trouble is in authorization requirements. While hubby
      fences, I have *no* clue in that respect!

      jerusha
      -----
      Susan Farmer
      sfarmer@...