Re: [SCA Newcomers] Hello and a question on interkingdom etiquette

  • Janet
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2006
      wanderlust and especially love the Barony of Hawkwood region in
      Atlantia. I would love to wander over there to try out rapier practice
      sometime, but is there a particular interkingdom etiquette to keep in
      mind?

      Well, if you mean are you allowed to go play with a group in another Kingdom, by all means, go for it. Regarding ettiquette, just be on you best behavior. Remember that you are a representation of your Kingdom, shire, barony, etc. The one concern regarding any combat in another Kingdom is that they may have different rules, armor requirements, etc than your own Kingdom. Society sets the minimum standards and then Kingdoms are allowed to add to them when they feel necessary. I would suggest consulting Atlantia's website to see if they have anything about their rapier rules. You may also want to contact the Barony's rapier marshal. (Should be listed on the website if the Barony has a website.) If you let him (or her) know you are interested in coming, he (or she) can give you the most useful info about the practices.

      ~Isabel

      http://new.mail.yahoo.com