Hello and a question on interkingdom etiquette

  • Joel
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2006
      Greetings.

      An introduction: John Marvell at your service, gentles all. My companions
      know me as Jack. I am a new resident of the Barony of Thor's Mountain
      in Meridies.

      I am interested in learning about period cookery, poetry, and the uses
      of herbs. I also have an unhealthy fascination with rogues, swindlers, and
      charlatans -- especially concerning the language of knavery, the
      thieves cant, and the study of period frauds and hoaxes -- and the
      lore of labyrinths. My weapon preference is rapier.

      A question to illustrate my basic ignorance -- I have a bit of
      wanderlust and especially love the Barony of Hawkwood region in
      Atlantia. I would love to wander over there to try out rapier practice
      sometime, but is there a particular interkingdom etiquette to keep in
      mind?

      YiS,

      Jack
    • Susan B. Farmer
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 14, 2006
        Quoting Joel <thirteen_letters@...>:

        > Greetings.
        >
        > An introduction: John Marvell at your service, gentles all. My companions
        > know me as Jack. I am a new resident of the Barony of Thor's Mountain
        > in Meridies.

        *snip*

        > A question to illustrate my basic ignorance -- I have a bit of
        > wanderlust and especially love the Barony of Hawkwood region in
        > Atlantia. I would love to wander over there to try out rapier practice
        > sometime, but is there a particular interkingdom etiquette to keep in
        > mind?

        Hi, Jack. (waves) ... yeah, I'm everywhere ...

        You might look at their web site -- or sign onto their mailing list if
        they have one. Another thing that you could do is check out Atlantian
        Kingdom Law -- I know that they request a stronger attempt to hide
        mundanities than we do (at least it's written into their kingdom law.)

        In general, there's not much to worry about. The only place that you
        might run into trouble is in authorization requirements. While hubby
        fences, I have *no* clue in that respect!

        jerusha
        -----
        Susan Farmer
        sfarmer@...