Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: Belladonna's Vengeance

  • Silver Wolf
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2006
      Wolfy has basic Navy training in lands far away and long ago...
      And at a very young age... So most of the sailing knowledge is long lost ='(

      ~Wolfy ( not as SEA wolf as some might think =( )

      On 11/10/06, Patrick Callahan <naspiritwalker@...> wrote:
      > I be looking for persons of great imagination to join
      > me and me pirate crew in Zee Year Of Our Lord 1581 at:

      > We have a wonderful Caravel Redunda with three masts,
      > she be named the Belladonna's Vengeance. We be
      > planin' to (pretend to) plunder all zee coastal
      > kingdoms and villages we can find, while we be
      > searchin' for a winged ram with a pelt of pure gold.
      > Thank ye for yer time. May A Stout Wind Be In Ye Sail
      > An' Health Be In Ye Crew.
      >
      > P.S. We still need Crew Members, Deck Hands, Ships
      > Carpenters, and anyone with knowledge of sailing or
      > navigation for our crew. Persons with a working
      > knowledge of sailing be our greatest need.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Jeff Gedney
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2006
        > I be looking for persons of great imagination to join
        > me and me pirate crew in Zee Year Of Our Lord 1581 at:

        > We have a wonderful Caravel Redunda with three masts,
        > she be named the Belladonna's Vengeance. We be
        > planin' to (pretend to) plunder all zee coastal
        > kingdoms and villages we can find, while we be
        > searchin' for a winged ram with a pelt of pure gold.
        > Thank ye for yer time. May A Stout Wind Be In Ye Sail
        > An' Health Be In Ye Crew.
        >
        > P.S. We still need Crew Members, Deck Hands, Ships
        > Carpenters, and anyone with knowledge of sailing or
        > navigation for our crew. Persons with a working
        > knowledge of sailing be our greatest need.

        I'll be happy to answer any technical questions that you need
        answered.
        I have made a considerable study of SCA-period naval practice,
        Ships construction, Rigging, and Seamanship.
        However I may be more focused on authenticity than your intro
        pages would seem to indicate you desire, so I may not be a good
        fit with your group.
        However, as I said, please consider me a technical resource.
        I am always happy to answer any questions sent to me regarding
        period usages and practice realted to maritime enterprises.

        Please send me any questions you might have, and I'll cheerfully
        answer them.
        My personal focus regarding time adn date is 1594.
        (a caravela redonda is a bit early for 1581, BTW...
        though not entirely out of reach.
        If you tell em what region you are intersted in, I can give you
        an idea as to what sort of ship you might prefer to use.

        Or not.

        your call)

        Capt Elias Gedney
        Master of the Wycked Bitche