Re: Belladonna's Vengeance

  • Patrick Callahan
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2006
      I be looking for persons of great imagination to join
      me and me pirate crew in Zee Year Of Our Lord 1581 at:

      We have a wonderful Caravel Redunda with three masts,
      she be named the Belladonna's Vengeance. We be
      planin’ to (pretend to) plunder all zee coastal
      kingdoms and villages we can find, while we be
      searchin’ for a winged ram with a pelt of pure gold.
      Thank ye for yer time. May A Stout Wind Be In Ye Sail
      An’ Health Be In Ye Crew.

      P.S. We still need Crew Members, Deck Hands, Ships
      Carpenters, and anyone with knowledge of sailing or
      navigation for our crew. Persons with a working
      knowledge of sailing be our greatest need.
    • Silver Wolf
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2006
        Wolfy has basic Navy training in lands far away and long ago...
        And at a very young age... So most of the sailing knowledge is long lost ='(

        ~Wolfy ( not as SEA wolf as some might think =( )

        On 11/10/06, Patrick Callahan <naspiritwalker@...> wrote:
        > I be looking for persons of great imagination to join
        > me and me pirate crew in Zee Year Of Our Lord 1581 at:

        > We have a wonderful Caravel Redunda with three masts,
        > she be named the Belladonna's Vengeance. We be
        > planin' to (pretend to) plunder all zee coastal
        > kingdoms and villages we can find, while we be
        > searchin' for a winged ram with a pelt of pure gold.
        > Thank ye for yer time. May A Stout Wind Be In Ye Sail
        > An' Health Be In Ye Crew.
        >
        > P.S. We still need Crew Members, Deck Hands, Ships
        > Carpenters, and anyone with knowledge of sailing or
        > navigation for our crew. Persons with a working
        > knowledge of sailing be our greatest need.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jeff Gedney
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 10, 2006
          > I be looking for persons of great imagination to join
          > me and me pirate crew in Zee Year Of Our Lord 1581 at:

          > We have a wonderful Caravel Redunda with three masts,
          > she be named the Belladonna's Vengeance. We be
          > planin' to (pretend to) plunder all zee coastal
          > kingdoms and villages we can find, while we be
          > searchin' for a winged ram with a pelt of pure gold.
          > Thank ye for yer time. May A Stout Wind Be In Ye Sail
          > An' Health Be In Ye Crew.
          >
          > P.S. We still need Crew Members, Deck Hands, Ships
          > Carpenters, and anyone with knowledge of sailing or
          > navigation for our crew. Persons with a working
          > knowledge of sailing be our greatest need.

          I'll be happy to answer any technical questions that you need
          answered.
          I have made a considerable study of SCA-period naval practice,
          Ships construction, Rigging, and Seamanship.
          However I may be more focused on authenticity than your intro
          pages would seem to indicate you desire, so I may not be a good
          fit with your group.
          However, as I said, please consider me a technical resource.
          I am always happy to answer any questions sent to me regarding
          period usages and practice realted to maritime enterprises.

          Please send me any questions you might have, and I'll cheerfully
          answer them.
          My personal focus regarding time adn date is 1594.
          (a caravela redonda is a bit early for 1581, BTW...
          though not entirely out of reach.
          If you tell em what region you are intersted in, I can give you
          an idea as to what sort of ship you might prefer to use.

          Or not.

          your call)

          Capt Elias Gedney
          Master of the Wycked Bitche