Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: how to disguise a wheelchair?

  • authoressmeow@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 4, 2006
      I know this is late in coming and I never post but here is a personal take.
      My persona is that of a norse woman aka a viking. I use a walker. I have a
      spinal injury. People do say things about it but positively. I made a cover for
      my walker that makes it look like a long boat. My plan for the eventual wheel
      chair is to make it look like a thrown with a basic cover. This also allows
      me to hide the basket and my cat (who comes with me to all events) so I have
      all my pills and medical stuff. This is not for anyone else, its for my own
      enjoyment. If you have basic sewing skills its easier. If you do not, then get
      some dollar a yard fabric at walmart and a gluegun. No one said your method
      of construction has to be period. you could paint slaves carrying her on the
      fabric too for a variation and some added fun.

      YIS

      Kata Hrafndottir
      Munin Bard of Blaiddwyn

    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 5, 2006
        On Sunday 05 November 2006 01:48, authoressmeow@... wrote:
        > This is not for anyone else, its for my own
        > enjoyment.

        Right answer. :-)

        keys fesswise reversed sable.