Re: [SCA Newcomers] Early Italian Ren

  • Susan B. Farmer
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2006
      Quoting Maria <scarlettmb@...>:

      > Which Simplicity pattern are you talking about? I love their
      > patterns and use them a lot. I'm not that much of a seemstress.

      Here's a page that shows Simplicity's 3 Italian patterns. At least 2
      of them are out of print -- I'm not certain about the 3rd. You can
      order quite a few out of things from Simplicity's web site -- you can
      also get them off eBay

      http://www.geocities.com/eagowns/patterns.html

      8735 is the one that looks like a Durer Engraving. It's also seen
      from the back in a painting -- I believe that both Gowns are in that
      first link for Bella's site. The painting shows a *red* dress. For a
      more authentic gown, you'll want to make the waist straight (rather
      than peaked up in the front), and get rid of the darts.

      8192 doesn't really cut it in the authenticity department (if you're
      concerned about that), but I've seen it made up and it makess a pretty
      gown. There are some McCalls there that would work as well.

      > http://www.renaissancewoman.net/realmofvenus/wardrobe/artgallery1.htm

      jerusha
      -----
      Susan Farmer