Sparring beginners with live rattan kali sticks

  • Daniel Arola
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2006
      DAMAG-INC Aug 8, 2006 Rigger Josh spars with beginners with live rattan sticks

      3 min 43 sec - Aug 9, 2006
      Average rating: (2 ratings)
      Description: Monday evening, August 8, 2006 at the G-Mole training club.... For the first time, Chris G and Fraz spar with the live rattan sticks in the 1st round of this video. Rigger Josh jumps in the 2nd round with Fraz, then spars with Chris G in the following round. Despite the marks and bruises left on each person who partook in the sparring session, they admit to have had great fun in doing it.

      If you're having trouble watching the video, try copying the following URL into your browser:
      http://video. google.com/ videoplay? docid=2916775885 206424930&pr=goog-sl

      Enjoy!

      Daniel

      DAMAG-INC
      [Daniel Arola Martial Arts Group Inc.]
      http://www.damag-inc.zoomshare.com

    • Keith Howard
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 29, 2006
        I have always enjoyed full contact Kali, I had a friend once who came in 3rd
        in some tourney in the Phillipenes (sp?) .. not bad for a guy from
        Cincinnati. Another good site for stick fighting is
        http://www.dogbrothers.com/ .. they have been doing this for a long time.
        Unfortunatly not much escreema translates well into SCA combat .. but
        fundamentally it is helpful.

        Lord Aengus mac Farlane