Re: [SCA Newcomers] Hello All

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 27, 2006
      > That's it! It had really been bugging me that I could find
      > <Erland> in my sources - turns out I was looking in the wrong
      > culture! (English, rather than Norse.)

      LOL cool im glad you got it. I hate when things get to me like that
      aswell. you know you know it but cant figure out from where. =)

      The standard Norse spelling
      > of the name is <Erlendr>, and the name occurs twice in the
      > Landnamabok (the book of the settling of Iceland). You can find
      more info about Norse names in my articles -

      Nice, thank you very much for the info. I will go take a look at the
      sites in a few. I appreciate the links.

      Once again TY