Looking to join.

  • surrealisticlyme
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2006
      Greetings, milords and miladies.

      I'm Miri, from the general area of the Shire of Tir Briste in the
      kingdom of Meridies. I'm not actually a member of the SCA, just
      because between school and other life-y things, I have no idea whether
      or not I'd be able to participate. (My parents are oh-so-concerned
      about demands on my time, as it happens.) I'm ruthlessly hunting down
      information on non-Tourney/non-kingdomwide events in Tir Briste but
      haven't found anything yet, so if there are any other Tir Briste-ites
      here, I'd appreciate any information you can send my way.

      I've always been fascinated (read: obsessed) with medieval and
      Renaissance Europe, and am interested in everything from fighting to
      archery to dressmaking/garb.

      So...hello!
    • Sydney Walker Freedman
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2006
        Welcome! Let me encourage you to participate despite your time
        constraints. You can make it work. I'm a full-time college student who
        is also seneschal of my local college-wide group. Perhaps I'm a bit crazy
        and I'm most likely overextended (I do many other extracurricular
        activities and still have to keep grades up in order to retain
        scholarships), but I don't usually feel that stressed out. If you want
        any scheduling tips, feel free to ask. Again, welcome.

        Pax Christi,
        Lady Cecilia de Cambrige, Seneschal of the College of Nordleigh

        > Greetings, milords and miladies.
        >
        > I'm Miri, from the general area of the Shire of Tir Briste in the
        > kingdom of Meridies. I'm not actually a member of the SCA, just
        > because between school and other life-y things, I have no idea whether
        > or not I'd be able to participate. (My parents are oh-so-concerned
        > about demands on my time, as it happens.) I'm ruthlessly hunting down
        > information on non-Tourney/non-kingdomwide events in Tir Briste but
        > haven't found anything yet, so if there are any other Tir Briste-ites
        > here, I'd appreciate any information you can send my way.
        >
        > I've always been fascinated (read: obsessed) with medieval and
        > Renaissance Europe, and am interested in everything from fighting to
        > archery to dressmaking/garb.
        >
        > So...hello!

        Pax Christi,
        Sydney
      • Susan B. Farmer
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2006
          Quoting surrealisticlyme <surrealisticlyme@...>:

          > Greetings, milords and miladies.
          >
          > I'm Miri, from the general area of the Shire of Tir Briste in the
          > kingdom of Meridies.

          Welcome and Well Met!

          > I'm not actually a member of the SCA, just
          > because between school and other life-y things, I have no idea whether
          > or not I'd be able to participate. (My parents are oh-so-concerned
          > about demands on my time, as it happens.) I'm ruthlessly hunting down
          > information on non-Tourney/non-kingdomwide events in Tir Briste but
          > haven't found anything yet, so if there are any other Tir Briste-ites
          > here, I'd appreciate any information you can send my way.

          Have you found the Tir Briste web site yet?
          http://www.tirbriste.org/main.cfm
          They have meetings etc. listed there. I have to admit that I'm not
          crazy about the web page, *shrug*

          > I've always been fascinated (read: obsessed) with medieval and
          > Renaissance Europe, and am interested in everything from fighting to
          > archery to dressmaking/garb.

          In case you have copious amounts of free time this upcoming weekend --
          it's Coronation in Gainesville GA
          http://aylekeepe.org/gkcoronation/index.htm
          Warning -- there will be High Schtik abounding -- we always "kill off"
          our outgoing Crown ...

          There's also a Meridian Costumers Guild (and Embroidery Guild, and ...)

          Can't help you with Tir Briste, but holler if you have any other
          questions about Meridies in general! The kingdom list (aka The Tavern
          Yard) is a right friendly place to hang out.

          jerusha
          -----
          Susan Farmer
          sfarmer@...