Household introduction on my web site

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006
      Greetings, all!

      At the request of several gentles via private mail, I have combined the
      several posts I made about "what is a household?" into a single document,
      edited it for better flow, and published it on a personal web page. It's
      linked from the SCANewcomers List links section, but here's the direct URL:

      http://sca.4th.com/justin/articles/households-intro

      I own the "4th.com" domain (and thereby the "sca.4th.com" subdomain)
      personally, so this URL should be stable for the indefinite future.

      I'm amenable to letting this be republished (with proper credit) elsewhere,
      but please ask me first. :-) For web sites, I'd really prefer that you
      link rather than copy, because that way I can more easily update it later --
      but if you *really* want to repost it on a web page, ask and I'll probably
      say yes.

      I'm glad people found this to be helpful. Thanks to those who prodded me
      into capturing it for publication, because I've been meaning to write
      an article on this topic for a while, and you gave me the needed motivation.

      Have fun!

      keys fesswise reversed sable.

    • Susan B. Farmer
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006
        Quoting Iustinos Tekton called Justin <justin@...>:

        > Greetings, all!
        >
        > At the request of several gentles via private mail, I have combined the
        > several posts I made about "what is a household?" into a single document,
        > edited it for better flow, and published it on a personal web page. It's
        > linked from the SCANewcomers List links section, but here's the direct URL:
        >
        > http://sca.4th.com/justin/articles/households-intro

        Master Iustinos, while I thank you for making this available to the
        new folks, I find it extremely difficult to read on your default
        background. Mayhap darkening the font or lightening the background
        might ease my agine eyes!

        jerusha
        -----
        Susan Farmer
        sfarmer@...
        University of Tennessee
      • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006
          On Saturday 02 September 2006 16:38, Susan B. Farmer wrote:
          > Master Iustinos, while I thank you for making this available to the
          > new folks, I find it extremely difficult to read on your default
          > background.  Mayhap darkening the font or lightening the background
          > might ease my agine eyes!

          You know what? You're absolutely right!

          I've considerably lightened the background. Please try the URL again, and
          be sure to force your browser to refresh the page, and see if it is better.
          Let me know if it still needs to be lighter.

          http://sca.4th.com/justin/articles/households-intro

          Thanks for the feedback. :-)

          keys fesswise reversed sable.

        • Giudo di Niccolo Brunelleschi
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5, 2006
            Maistor Iustinos, thank you for making this available in a webbed
            version. I hope you don't mind if I forward the URL to the Calontir
            Newcomers list...since I know many of them are not on here.

            Grazie!
            Giudo di Niccolo
          • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5, 2006
              On Tuesday 05 September 2006 10:50, Giudo di Niccolo Brunelleschi wrote:
              > Maistor Iustinos, thank you for making this available in a webbed
              > version. I hope you don't mind if I forward the URL to the Calontir
              > Newcomers list...since I know many of them are not on here.

              No problem at all. I hope they'll find it helpful.

              keys fesswise reversed sable.