Re: [SCA Newcomers] Newbie Needs advice

  • Sydney Walker Freedman
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2006
      For a noblewoman's costume, you would need a chemise, corset, hoop
      perhaps, a gown, headwear, e.g. a french hood, and other accessories if
      you want them. I don't know of any retail sources for such things, let
      alone in your area, but there are many online merchants. Talk to people
      in your local SCA group; they can probably give you lots of help and loner
      garb to start with. Find out who your chatelain is, as he or she is a
      great resource for newcomers. Welcome to the SCA!

      Pax Christi,
      Lady Cecilia de Cambrige

      > I live in San Diego and would like to go somewhere to buy a complete
      > tudor garb. Does anyone know of a place here? I actually don't know
      > what is require for a woman.
      >
      > Thank you for your help
      > Rowena

      Pax Christi,