Newbie Needs advice

  • Lesley
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2006
      I live in San Diego and would like to go somewhere to buy a complete
      tudor garb. Does anyone know of a place here? I actually don't know
      what is require for a woman.

      Thank you for your help
      Rowena
    • Sydney Walker Freedman
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 13, 2006
        For a noblewoman's costume, you would need a chemise, corset, hoop
        perhaps, a gown, headwear, e.g. a french hood, and other accessories if
        you want them. I don't know of any retail sources for such things, let
        alone in your area, but there are many online merchants. Talk to people
        in your local SCA group; they can probably give you lots of help and loner
        garb to start with. Find out who your chatelain is, as he or she is a
        great resource for newcomers. Welcome to the SCA!

        Pax Christi,
        Lady Cecilia de Cambrige

        > I live in San Diego and would like to go somewhere to buy a complete
        > tudor garb. Does anyone know of a place here? I actually don't know
        > what is require for a woman.
        >
        > Thank you for your help
        > Rowena

        Pax Christi,