Re: Siege Weapon Ammunition

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2006
      I was inaccurate in my information.

      There is a seige weapons handbook seperate from the marshall's
      handbook.

      It is in .doc format as well as in .pdf

      For .doc :

      http://www.midrealm.org/marshal/handbook/Siege/MK_siege_Engine_HB.doc

      For .pdf :

      http://www.midrealm.org/marshal/handbook/Siege/MK_siege_Engine_HB.pdf

      Ammunition standards are around page 7

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Janet <HI_it_is_me@...> wrote:

      > ok, so my boyfriend is trying to find some info
      > (dimensions, suggested materials, etc) for siege
      > weaponry ammunitions. Specifically ballista bolts and
      > also crossbow bolts, but also for trebuchets, etc.
      > We're in the Midrealm (I know it's a silly time to ask
      > since most of the midrealmers are at pennsic). Any
      > info would be greatly appreciated, so I can get him to
      > quit building the tabletop artillery that is over
      > coming my living room and send him to the back yard to
      > work on the real thing....lol.
      > Thanks a ton,
      > Isabel of Falcon's Quarry
      > North Oaken
      > Middle Kingdom

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Gina
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3, 2006
        Hi!!

        In answer to your question, please check out the Society Siege Engine
        Handbook located at:

        http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/siege/index.html

        As well, you can check out the Combat Archery page at:

        http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/archery/index.html

        If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact me at this
        address.

        Signora Aurelia da Calabria
        Deputy East Kingdom Chatelaine
        siege marshal
        combat archery marshal in training

        "Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
        take honor from me and my life is done."
        --William Shakespeare

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Janet <HI_it_is_me@...> wrote:

        > ok, so my boyfriend is trying to find some info
        > (dimensions, suggested materials, etc) for siege
        > weaponry ammunitions. Specifically ballista bolts and
        > also crossbow bolts, but also for trebuchets, etc.
        > We're in the Midrealm (I know it's a silly time to ask
        > since most of the midrealmers are at pennsic). Any
        > info would be greatly appreciated, so I can get him to
        > quit building the tabletop artillery that is over
        > coming my living room and send him to the back yard to
        > work on the real thing....lol.
        > Thanks a ton,
        > Isabel of Falcon's Quarry
        > North Oaken
        > Middle Kingdom

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Sara L Uckelman
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 3, 2006
          > > weaponry ammunitions. Specifically ballista bolts and
          > > also crossbow bolts, but also for trebuchets, etc.

          Ah, trebuchet ammunition...

          Many years ago now, I spent a good portion of an event making
          ammo for a trebuchet. I'm not sure if requirements and standards
          have changed since then, but if not, what we did worked well:

          Take two rolls of toilet paper, place one on top of the other
          so that the tubes line up. Cover all but the top hole with
          duct tape. Fill with rabbit food, and seal shut. They're
          soft, but they've got some weight behind them, and if they burst
          upon contact, well, they're biodegradable, and you'll have
          happy rabbits.

          -Aryanhwy

          --
          vita sine literis mors est