Re: [SCA Newcomers] name question

  • Jeff Gedney
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 19, 2006
      > > would either of these two options of given name
      > > date/place close enough to the surname to be approved?

      May I just state how pleased I am to see this thread?
      It is truly wonderful to see people looking for real
      names that might have been used by real people, instead
      of being enamored ahead of time of some fantasy concoction
      like "Rhiannon Hippocrates of the Unicorn Ford - a 14th
      Century Irish Pagan", and spending a year or more trying to
      justify that before consulting a Herald on something
      time/place appropriate.

      Just wanted to say, "Bravo"

      Capt Elias Gedney