need answers please

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16 12:41 AM
      hi folks new guy here. I am not a member of the sca just yet but i am
      thinking about it. i have never attended a faire, never had the time or
      money. but there is going to be one in yuma arizona this coming jan.
      or feb. and i am setting up a booth to sell different types of glass
      items engraved by me. i have a huge list of subjects to choose from for
      my art dragons, unicorns, heraldic devices and so on and so on. I am
      also going to be showing some ceramic tankards that will have some
      simple engravings on them. Now here are my questions. Are there certain
      choices for my engravings that i should focus on? what would be a
      decent price? Since it would not be period to using my sandblaster to
      make my art, do you think it would be all right to use some of my art
      work as examples and take orders? The same for the tankards I will
      bring a few (6) and use them as examples. Also how do most people pay
      at a faire? I wont have a credit card machine but do accept checks and
      always cash. Folks i could really use your help on this the last time i
      went to an event (non-sca) it was a flop and i lost a lot of money.
      thanks for your time.